Hot off our presses…
A guest post from Bianca Tanis, Parent, Special Educator and Co-Founder NYS Allies for Public Education The current education reforms being implemented in NYS are an assault on the dignity and the rights of students with disabilities, plain and simple. While educational leaders seem to be suffering from an extreme case of magical thinking, parents […]
On inside the box thinking. This resonates perfectly with my experiences in higher education and teacher preparation, specifically. Creative thinking, in a politically charged environment, is dangerous. Allow me to explain, and this is my experience only. You may have experienced something different, and that’s fine. The crux of this very short Slate piece is […]
BUILDING THE MACHINE (2014) – Official Trailer [HQ] I want to use the same disclaimer here that I did the last time I posted Common Core State Standards (CSSS) related materials from sources that I disavow any connection with. The video is produced by, and also features, individuals that are from fringe-right-wing groups. The last […]
Link to the show. Check it at 6PM EST.
This is primarily in response to a recent post here by Chris Cerrone on an “innovative teaching” video library. I finally had a moment to watch. Now that I’m back in the classroom, I think I can offer my insights on this. One simple question I have first: this is a grown ass woman, probably […]
Mandela: Dishonored by Passive Radical Myth. via Mandela: Dishonored by Passive Radical Myth.
On December 2, 2013, I posted a piece that focused on the governor-business hybrid nonprofit, Achieve, Inc. The post also included information on one of the “lead writers” of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), Sue Pimentel. I followed the post on December 3 with CCSS Validation Committee member Sandra Stotsky’s response to my post. […]
Other recent posts
- What Is Only PISA Stat that Matters?
- NM’s Skandera: Let’s Be Tennessee
- Stand for Children Louisiana: Teachers “Like” Common Core
- Hunger, Health, and Access to Books: Just an excuse
- Is @alexanderrusso crushing just a little bit?
- Innovative Common Core teaching?
- GUEST POST: Let’s Nurture Inner-Directed Students and Ignore the “No Excuses” Crowd, John Thompson
- Setting Free the Books: On Stepping Aside as Teaching
- Despite our best evidence, Camika Royal still considers TFA a viable option. Say again?
- More on Failing Writing, and Students
Highlights: @TCF Radio
- @thechalkface and @slekar talking turkey: Studio Versions
- Listen to @KarenLewisCTU. Studio Version @thechalkface!
- Our episode with TX Superintendent John Kuhn
- Election night in Douglas County, CO #dougco @dianeravitch
- Join us At the Chalk Face at 6PM EST while we chat with the NJ teacher subjected to yet another Christie tirade