Here are some early updates:
- Nike sneakers in 6th grade reading passage. Our children face enough commercialization in their lives as it is. We do not need this is our schools. I guess we can call the passages “Infomercial texts” (credit to Leonie for that quote)
- From the NY Post on product placement. ( Yeah, I know)
The future of our schools thanks to Common Core? Or are they the “Corporate Commercial State Standards”
Spell check. Does Pearson hire copy editors or does that hurt the bottom line?
- The Day 3 teacher direction book had a line of text repeated and several spelling mistakes.
- Klondyke and Klondike spelled two different ways.
- A location was spelled one way in a reading passage and a different way on a map that went along with the reading passage.
Please post any issues you witnessed in the comments section below.
Follow the author on twitter: https://twitter.com/Stoptesting15