In case you were wondering, Michelle Rhee gave Pennsylvania a D+. However, do not fret.
That’s right. Pennsylvania’s secretary of education…
Ronald (no degree in education) Tomalis
… is working with governor Corbett on implementing strategies supported by studentsfirst.
And what are those strategies and what does the research say about implementing them?
- High stakes testing for kids. Research says NO!
- Evaluating teachers using the high stakes test scores of kids. Research says NO!
- Expanding Charters Schools. Research says NO!
- Closing neighborhood schools. Research says NO!
- Paying teachers based on student test scores. Research says NO!
- Getting rid of teacher tenure. Research says NO!
- Eliminating collective bargaining. Research says NO!
Allowing a corporate ideology of market driven reforms to dismantle public schools.
Democracy says No!
Follow Timothy D. Slekar on Twitter: www.twitter.com/slekar